Deutsche Bank and Google Cloud have agreed to join forces and form a strategic partnership that aims to redefine how the bank develops and offers its financial services. The partnership is unique in that it will not only deliver cutting edge cloud services to Deutsche Bank, but also enable co-innovation between the two companies to create the next generation of technology-based financial products for clients. Both parties have signed a Letter of Intent and plan to sign a multi-year contract within the next few months. Read more
– The agreement signals a firm commitment by both companies to boost the digitalization of companies, support Spain’s public administration and aid the economic recovery of the country post-COVID-19.
– Google Cloud announces plans to launch a cloud region in Spain that will leverage Telefonica’s Madrid region infrastructure with the highest international security and data protection standards.
– Telefonica and Google will jointly develop a portfolio of solutions for 5G using Google Cloud’s Mobile Edge Computing platform.
– The alliance widens the scope of collaboration between the two companies and reinforces Telefónica Tech’s multi-cloud strategy for the B2B market.
– Telefonica will also advance its own digital transformation using Google Cloud. Continue reading
The Local Media Consortium and Local Media Association today announced the launch of a major ad campaign, “Support Local News,” in partnership with the Google News Initiative. Backed by $15 million in funding from Google, the campaign will raise awareness of the need and importance of funding newsrooms through subscriptions, donations and advertising. Read more
We’re living in a time of unprecedented changes and challenges—not only for our teams, colleagues, and customers, but for the world at large. The impact of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) has created many new difficulties, and Google is committed to helping faculty and researchers find solutions. If you’re interested in contributing to COVID-19 research, we invite you to explore these new resources from Google Cloud.
LG Electronics USA announced pricing and availability of its 2020 sound bar lineup led by the award-winning premium LG SN11RG and SN9YG, recognized as CES 2020 Innovation Award winners for their enhanced sound quality and usability. Read more
Buyer demand and healthy housing-market dynamics will prevent U.S. home prices from dropping more than 2-3% — or more than 1.7% year over year — in the wake of the coronavirus, according to a forecast released today by Zillow®. Read more
Travel industry leader chooses Google Cloud as its preferred cloud provider to accelerate its digital transformation
“Hey, Alexa! OK, Google! I want a Slurpee drink. Open 7NOW.” 7-Eleven, Inc. continues to redefine convenience retailing with the launch of 7Voice, which allows customers to place an order through its 7NOW® delivery app via the voice-controlled Google Home and Amazon Echo systems. Read More
Apple Inc investors are shrugging off concerns raised by two shareholders about kids getting hooked on iPhones, saying that for now a little addiction might not be a bad thing for profits. Ivor Bennett reports. Continue reading
Several thousand people descended on a wet and dreary Las Vegas as the world’s largest technology showcase opened to the public. As Ivor Bennett reports, voice assistance and artifical intelligence are this year’s hottest trends. Continue reading