A new report analyzing the performance and reliability of mobile voice and data services in the UK ranks EE’s mobile network first, ahead of Vodafone, Three and O2. The benchmark is conducted annually by infrastructure and benchmarking specialist umlaut, now part of Accenture, and international consumer telecommunications magazine ‘connect’. EE was awarded the top position for the seventh consecutive time. Continue reading
– The agreement signals a firm commitment by both companies to boost the digitalization of companies, support Spain’s public administration and aid the economic recovery of the country post-COVID-19.
– Google Cloud announces plans to launch a cloud region in Spain that will leverage Telefonica’s Madrid region infrastructure with the highest international security and data protection standards.
– Telefonica and Google will jointly develop a portfolio of solutions for 5G using Google Cloud’s Mobile Edge Computing platform.
– The alliance widens the scope of collaboration between the two companies and reinforces Telefónica Tech’s multi-cloud strategy for the B2B market.
– Telefonica will also advance its own digital transformation using Google Cloud. Continue reading
A 22-year-old computer researcher is being hailed a hero for stopping the global spread of a ransomware attack that began last Friday.
MADRID, SPAIN (REUTERS) – Spanish companies, including Telefonica, were hit by a so-called ransomware hack into their computer systems on Friday (May 12), with Spain’s cyber security body warning of a “massive attack” affecting several firms.
(BVO) – Negotiations to buy Britain’s O2 have been going on since January.
Now a deal looks certain.
Spain’s Telefonica, owners of O2, have agree to sell to Hong Kong listed Hutchison Whampoa for 10.25 billion pounds.
Mobile Connect Trials Planned in All Major Regions in 2015