Open challenge for accelerating gastronomy tourism initiatives that can help achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
The projects must be aligned with the Sustainable Development Goals established by the United Nations and should include the introduction or adaptation of digital and technological elements, as well as fit the following requirements:
- Innovative / disruptive character identified
- Meet unmet social needs
- Scalability potential
- Transform the localized environment
- Business model validated or tested
- Market penetration
- Committed team
BENEFITS FOR WINNERS:
- Mentoring by UNWTO and top partners
- Tailored support for your startup
- Investment opportunities
- Form part of the UNWTO Innovation Network
- Scholarship opportunities for the Tourism Online Academy
- Opportunity to present your startup at the 7th UNWTO Gastronomy Tourism Forum (Nara, Japan June 2022)
- Use of a space in the LABe- Digital Gastronomy Lab facilities for 6 months.
- Participate as a finalist company in the corresponding edition of Culinary Action! – On the road, the first foodtech startup competition in roadshow format.
- Advanced Plan of the GOe Digital Community for 6 months, which is the first digital community within the 360º gastronomy sector.
QUESTIONS? Send us an email: [email protected]
Applications are open until 28 February 2022, with great interest expected. Successful projects will be selected based on various criteria, such as the degree of innovation, their viability and sustainability.
Contact: World Tourism Organization (UNWTO), C/ Capitán Haya 42, Madrid, Madrid 28020, Spain, +34 91 567 81 00