Relatives of the missing Malaysia Airlines MH370 flight mark the first anniversary since the flight’s disappearance and say they don’t want the search to stop.
KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA (MARCH 8, 2015) (REUTERS) – Dozens of family members of the missing Malaysian Airlines MH370 joined a simple ceremony in the compound of a shopping mall in Kuala Lumpur on Sunday (March 8) to remember the loved ones who are still missing as state television broadcast the lead investigator announcing an the interim report into the affair.
Malaysia released the report on MH370 on Sunday, exactly one year to the day that the plane vanished with 239 passengers and crew on board.
The independent investigation team, announced the completion of the report on state television.
Syafinaz Hasnan, whose brother Mohd Hazrin Hasnan was a crew member of MH370, said that her family still want to know what happened to the missing plane.
“So far so good, at times there are times we feel down and sad, but we support each other, we help each other, we be there for each other but that does not mean, I mean we still need to know what is the truth. We do not want them to stop the search but we accept things how it is,” said Syafinaz during the MH370 anniversary event.
“The event is okay, it’s more like solidarity thing, right, so it keeps us together, keeps MH370 alive, I mean to be remembered so that people won’t forget. Because slowly people keep forgetting, I mean, it is just to keep things alive,” she added.
MH370 vanished from radar screens shortly after taking off from Kuala Lumpur, bound for Beijing, early on March 8, 2014. Investigators believe it was flown thousands of miles off course before eventually crashing into the ocean off Australia.
Australia’s deputy prime minister said recently the search for the plane could not go on forever, and discussions were already under way between Australia, China, and Malaysia whether to call off the hunt within weeks, or not.