Kellyanne Conway, senior advisor to President-elect Donald Trump’s transition team, says they “feel really good” about the ongoing talks and expect for more appointments to be announced soon.
NEW YORK, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES (NOVEMBER 16, 2016) (RESTRICTED POOL) – A senior advisor for President-elect Donald Trump’s transition team on Wednesday (November 16) denounced reports of problems in the ongoing talks and said the announcement of new appointments was expected “soon.”
“You don’t form a federal government overnight and these are very serious issues, very serious appointments, very serious considerations,” Kellyanne Conway told reporters in the lobby of Trump Tower in New York City.
“We feel really good about the transition. I actually would just say it’s false to say it’s not going well,” she added.
Earlier in the day, Trump had used his Twitter account to refute the reports, singling out the New York Times for saying world leaders have had trouble getting in touch with him.
Trump, whose aggressive use of Twitter against rivals was a key element of his presidential campaign, tweeted a list of several world leaders he had spoken with since his upset victory in the Nov. 8 presidential election.