Aug. 8, 2023 /Environment/ — Scouts can be prepared for nature havoc in a jamboree by following these tips:
- Stay informed about the weather forecast: Scouts should always be aware of the weather forecast and be prepared to adjust their plans accordingly. If there is a heat wave or typhoon warning, scouts should make sure to stay hydrated and cool, and be prepared to evacuate if necessary.
- Be prepared for power outages: Power outages are common during natural disasters, so scouts should pack flashlights, batteries, and other supplies in case they lose power.
- Be prepared for flooding: If there is a flood warning, scouts should move to higher ground and avoid wading through floodwaters.
- Be prepared for downed trees: If there is a storm, scouts should be prepared for downed trees. They should stay away from downed trees and power lines, and report any downed trees to the authorities.
- Be prepared for injuries: Natural disasters can cause injuries, so scouts should pack first aid kits and know how to use them.
- Be prepared to evacuate: If there is a mandatory evacuation order, scouts should evacuate immediately. They should pack their belongings and head to a safe location.