June 20, 2023 /Entertainment/ — Salma Sky was born in Lusaka, Zambia, to a Zambian father and a Lebanese mother. She began her music career at a young age, singing in church and at school events. In her early twenties, she took a hiatus from music to pursue a modeling career, but she eventually returned to music and began writing and recording her own songs.
Salma Sky’s real name is Salma Dodia and is married to Tivo Shikapwashya, a Zambian musician and producer. They got married in 2013 and have two children together. Salma Sky and Tivo are a power couple in the Zambian music industry. They are both talented artists who have achieved great success in their careers. They are also a loving couple who are raising a family together.
Salma Sky’s music is a fusion of Zambian and international influences. She sings in a variety of languages, including English, Nyanja, and Bemba. Her songs often deal with themes of love, relationships, and social commentary.
Salma Sky has been a major force in the Zambian music scene for over a decade. She has won numerous awards, including the Born & Bred Award for Best R&B Video. She is also one of the most popular artists in Zambia, with a large following on social media.
Salma Sky’s music has had a significant influence on the Zambian music scene. She has helped to break down barriers between different genres of music and has inspired other artists to experiment with new sounds. She is also a role model for young women in Zambia, showing them that they can achieve their dreams in the music industry.
Here are some of the ways in which Salma Sky has influenced the Zambian music scene:
- She has helped to popularize R&B music in Zambia.
- She has collaborated with a variety of artists from different genres, which has helped to break down barriers between different musical styles.
- She has used her platform to speak out about social issues, which has inspired other artists to do the same.
- She is a role model for young women in Zambia, showing them that they can achieve their dreams in the music industry.
Here are some specific examples of how Salma Sky has influenced R&B music in Zambia:
- Her song “Wonderful World” was a major hit in Zambia and helped to introduce R&B music to a wider audience.
- Her collaboration with Tivo on the song “Side Chick” was a crossover hit that appealed to both R&B and dancehall fans.
- Her album “FREE” was a critically acclaimed album that featured a diverse range of R&B sounds.
- Her work as a producer has helped to develop the sound of R&B in Zambia, and she has worked with some of the biggest names in the genre.
Salma Sky is a true pioneer in R&B music in Zambia. She has helped to shape the genre and has inspired a new generation of artists. Her music is sure to continue to influence the genre for years to come.
Salma Sky is a talented and influential artist who has made a significant impact on the Zambian music scene. She is a role model for young women and an inspiration to other artists. Her music is a fusion of Zambian and international influences, and she often deals with themes of love, relationships, and social commentary. Salma Sky is a major force in the Zambian music scene, and her music is sure to continue to influence the genre for years to come.
She has released several hit songs, including:
- Wonderful World (2012)
- Side Chick (2013)
- Ruby (2014)
- Be Mine (2015)
- Nonstop (2016)
- Over You (2017)
- Tantule (2018)
- Ms. Triple Threat (2019)
- Mr. DJ (2020)
These songs have all been popular in Zambia and have also been well-received by audiences in other African countries. They have been praised for their catchy melodies, strong lyrics, and Salma Sky’s powerful vocals.
In addition to these songs, Salma Sky has also released several other hit singles, including “Zambezi”, “Kakabelalika”, “10 Years”, “Fumbi”, and “Eweso”. She has also released several albums, including “FREE”, “Kalubango”, and “Fine Tuned”.
More from Source: