Sports Metaverse company LootMogul is partnering with a leading sports marketing and commercial rights agency Six Sport, to support its strategic growth plans and expedite the adoption of blockchain gaming for sports organizations and athletes, delivering truly immersive sports fan experiences. Continue reading
Wirex, a banking alternative built for Web3, has listed 52 new tokens on their app. The cryptocurrencies will provide their 5 million customers straightforward access to the benefits of DeFi. Continue reading
- Young South Africans see crypto as way to quick wealth
- Poverty, high unemployment pushes them to crypto
- Users not fully aware of risks, vulnerable to scams
By Kimberly Mutandiro
JOHANNESBURG, Sept 26 (Thomson Reuters Foundation) – John first heard of cryptocurrency three years ago, when the teenager came across slick YouTube videos and Facebook posts of other South Africans claiming to have become wealthy overnight with bitcoin.
- Fundraising via crypto, NFTs grows amid funding downturn
- Advocates say crypto donations faster, easier to access
- Challenges include internet, power access and gender gap
By Kagondu Njagi
NAIROBI, July 19 (Thomson Reuters Foundation) – A sculpture of a giant tap spewing plastic waste greeted delegates at U.N. environment talks in Kenya earlier this year – a reminder of the urgent need for them to agree a global pact to curb plastic pollution.
One of the UK’s leading supercar hire companies has just launched a cryptocurrency payment system to rent the world’s most impressive prestige and supercars. Continue reading